Before you retire the grill for the season try this! Chicken tossed with a sweet and spicy peanut sauce. Pack it into foil and toss it on the grill. It's a no mess dinner. You probably won't have leftovers - but it's even better the next day.
- 1/2 cup unsalted natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 4 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. fresh minced ginger
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks (: Make sure to dice potatoes no larger than directed, as they should cook through in the same amount
of time as the chicken.)
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, milk, vinegar, 2 tbsp cilantro, honey, lime juice, ginger, soy sauce, pepper flakes and garlic. Set aside.
- Cut 4 12 x 16-inch pieces of foil and mist with cooking spray. Divide green beans, potatoes and onion evenly into the center of each piece of foil. Divide chicken and peanut butter mixture between foil pieces, over top vegetables. Bring the short edges of the foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal.
- Place foil packets directly on the grill or on a large, rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Grill or bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. (NOTE: Carefully open a single packet to check, then reseal if needed.) Transfer contents of packets to serving bowls and garnish with additional cilantro.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.